Gulf Shores UMC is seeking a Choral Director for immediate employment. The Choral Director will be working closely with the ministry team and the Director of Worship Arts. They will be responsible for planning/coordinating music for all Traditional Worship services and special events. The music ministry at Gulf Shores UMC is a major part of the life of the congregation and includes our Chancel Choir, Hand Bells, Youth Choir and Children’s Choir.
Job Duties - Choral Director
• Coordinate music for Traditional services including Sunday & special events
• Rehearse/direct/manage all choirs and vocal ensembles, including Chancel Choir, Youth Choir, Children’s Choir and Handbell Choir
• Coordinate music for weddings, funerals, special services and other traditional music events
• Coordinate with the Director of Worship Arts for worship/event themes
• Coordinate financial needs of traditional events with Director of Worship Arts
• Meet with staff ministry teams to design/plan traditional worship
• Maintain clean music/work areas related to traditional worship events
For more information contact our office at 251-968-2197
CLICK HERE to submit a resume.