The Servant Ministry Office hours are irregular during this time. As I communicate with the Conference response team, work in Robertsdale at EMA, participate in conference calls the days do not fall into a predictable pattern. If you need assistance or want to offer resources or have donations, please call 968-2549and leave a voicemail. I will get back with you. Thanks for everything you are doing, including social distancing and washing those hands.
• Bread Ministry will pre-box food this week for distribution this Thursday. Plans are to continue weekly distribution as long as food supplies allow. Volunteers wishing to help will be required to uphold social distancing and general health requirements. Food prep and boxing will begin at 7:30 Thursday
• Big Thanks to all the ladies who are sewing face masks for Robertsdale Healthcare. Over 30 masks have been delivered with the need for 30-50 more. If you can help call Servant Ministries. Send pictures of you working and the masks you are making. Would love to share with congregation.
• The Baldwin County VOAD (volunteer organizations active in disaster is meeting regularly and sitting with emergency management teams to coordinate information and resources. GSUMC
Sits with this group and will share the with our community and congregation.
• DayBreak Respite will remain closed until it is decided that it is safe for our special seniors may return.
• Fidget Project is a big hit with our senior homecare and special needs groups. Check online webpages for ideas. By appointment you may come by office and go through the notions gathered earlier. As you finish, let me know and I will do a pick up date. Have three groups interested in our completed projects.
• NEW ONLINE GRIEFSHARE GROUP FOR CARING SUPPORT! Saturday mornings at 9:00 a.m. beginning April 11th. PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH those experience grief. There is no cost to attend this group. REGISTER BY CLICKING THIS LINK: https://www.griefshare.org/groups/120819 Peace Lutheran pastor Rev. Zandt will lead sessions.
• Reaching out to our shut ins and sick. Consider sending a card, making a phone call, or video a greeting to send.
• SBA INFORMATION: The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) The disaster declaration makes SBA assistance available in the entire state of Florida; and the contiguous counties of Baldwin, Covington, Escambia, Geneva and Houston in Alabama. “These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
Eligibility for Economic Injury Disaster Loans is based on the financial impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The interest rate is 3.75 percent for small businesses. The interest rate for private non-profit organizations is 2.75 percent. SBA offers loans with long-term repayments in order to keep payments affordable, up to a maximum of 30 years and are available to entities without the financial ability to offset the adverse impact without hardship.
Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
The deadline to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan is Dec. 18, 2020. For more information about Coronavirus, please visit: Coronavirus.gov. For more information about available SBA resources and services, please visit: SBA.gov/coronavirus
WEBINAR FOR SBA LOAN APPLICATIONS: The five chambers of Baldwin County are collaborating with the Alabama SBDC Network to business file loans.. Recorded webinars are available on Chamber website.
• Department of Public Health HOTLINE (888) 264-2819
• For Help with emergency needs or with assistance during this time, go to 211 website for county agencies helping our residents.
Governor Ivey has extended the State Tax Filing Deadline from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
Baldwin County Residents – Hotline for testing: (251) 341-CV19 (2819) If they think they have COVID-19 they will be asked questions and given a date and time to report to one of the three following locations: 1. North Baldwin Infirmary 2. Thomas Hospital 3. Mobile Infirmary
• Disinfectants for Use Against SARS COV-2: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
• Disaster Distress Helpline: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline